I am the eldest of eight children – born in Liverpool, England…yes, I’m a proud Scouser!
I got my start in music when I became the designated babysitter for my brothers and sisters. I would sing along to songs on the radio all the time and after a while, found myself picking out the harmonies to the songs. After high school, I went to college for cosmetology and hair-dressing and the customers used to love the shampoo I gave them because it lasted as long as the song that was on the radio at the time!
Some things you might not know about me:
- I lack self confidence.
- I am shy
- I love garlic!
- I love shopping….anywhere and everywhere
- The most devastating time of my life was losing my biggest fans – my Mum & Dad.
- If I wasn’t singing for a living, I would love to be an interior designer
- I LOVE garlic!
- Angry Birds keeps me awake until the wee-hours of the morning (even then I am popping the little buggers in my sleep)
- I totally REFUSE to accept any and all invitations to play Candy Crush!
- Becoming a mother is the best thing that ever happened to me.
- My son is an IVF child
- My son loves garlic!
The highlight of my career has been the opportunity to perform on stage with my husband and son. I cherish every one of those moments.
There’s no better feeling than hearing an audience member get emotional about a song I sing – when it brings back a memory of a loved one or takes them back to a poignant time in their life. To know the power of music can touch people is the most gratifying part of my job…I love that!!!!…..and I love garlic 🙂